Jee Won (Brianna) Choi
Brianna is a doctoral candidate and researcher at the Center for Excellence in Brand and Customer Management (CEBCM) at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. Her research interests include empirical marketing strategies, product management, and customer experience. Prior to joining the program at GSU, Brianna has received a Bachelor of Science in Economics with concentrations in Marketing, Finance, and Marketing & Operations Management at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and worked as a consultant for two years.
Shah, Denish, V. Kumar, Kihyun Hannah Kim, and JeeWon Brianna Choi (2017), “Linking customer behaviors to cash flow level and volatility: Implications for marketing Practices,” Journal of Marketing Research, 54 (1), 27-43.
Kumar, V., JeeWon Brianna Choi, and Mallik Greene (2017), “Synergistic effects of social media and traditional marketing on brand sales: capturing the time-varying effects,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 45 (2), 268-88.
Kumar, V., Nita Umashankar, and JeeWon Brianna Choi (2014), “CRM metrics and strategies to enhance performance in service industries”, Handbook of Service Marketing Research, eds. Roland Rust, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.: Cheltenham, UK.
“Impact of Free Sampling on Customer Experience and Customer Engagement” (with V. Kumar and Anita Pansari)
“Is it a new product idea a hit of miss? The Role of Screenplays”, Job Market Paper
Honors & Awards:
- Winner for AMS Mary Kay Inc. Doctoral Dissertation Competition (2017)
- Winner, GTA Teaching Excellence Award granted by the Dean’s Office to top performing graduate teaching instructors within the entire business school (2017)
- Awarded $15,000 from MSI for research on Customer Experience titled “Impact of Free Samples on Customer Experience and Customer Engagement,” Co-authored with V. Kumar and Anita Pansari (2016)
- Fellow, AMA Sheth Doctoral Consortium, Iowa University (2017)
- Fellow, ISMS Doctoral Consortium, Fudan University (2016)
- Fellow, ISMS Doctoral Consortium, Johns Hopkins University (2015)
- Fellow, AIM AMA Sheth Doctoral Consortium, Institute of Management Technology (2015)
- Cum Laude in Bachelor of Science in Economics at University of Pennsylvania (2010)
Instructor, Georgia State University, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Taught several sections of an introductory marketing course (Marketing Management-MK 3010) to undergraduates
Teaching Assistant, Georgia State University, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Product and Brand Management (Fall 2016, MBA course)
- Customer Relationship Management (Fall 2015, MBA course)